Fantasy brooch in the shape of large butterfly made by hands of soft blue merino wool. This lovely butterfly has large wings and long body. It is a large piece of felt jewelry perfect for romantic person. The brooch is a handmade item and there is only one piece of this kind. It is beautifully decorated with mulberry silk tops in azure and violet. Nicely rounded wings of this fantasy brooch will protect you against all the evil of daily life and cheer you up every time you need it. With its antiallergic safety-pin in silver color you can attach it to your blouse or bag and take with you everywhere!
Body length: 22 cm (8.7 in)
Wingspan: 18 cm (7 in)
Weight: 21 g (0.05 lb)
How to care about felted handicraftMerino does not need to be washed as often as other types of wool. However, you may want to refresh it from time to time. Felted accessories and jewelry keep their colors and shape if hand washed gently in warm water. Here is a detailed instruction on how to care about them (we enclose it in every shipment as well):
- Wash your felt handicraft manually at about 30 Celsjus degrees using washing agents for wool.
- Dip them gently, but do not rub - otherwise they may shrink or deform.
- After washing, rinse your felt item with water of the same temperature, preferably with a rinsing liquid for wool.
- Do not wring or twist felt - remove the excess water with your hands using a towel.
- Spread out washed accessories on a towel to let them dry.
- If necessary iron your felt item using 'wool' mode or applying a low temperature.
Want to know more?
All our products are made by hands out of natural and high quality materials. It makes them soft, ecological and skin friendly. Accessories and jewelry available in our store are designed to follow your dreams. We make them in different styles, colors and sizes, allowing you to choose your own way in fashion.
Take a look behind the scenes
Wool yarn – if shaggy enough – can be interwoven with merino fibers. Since it fits in perfectly with felt, it is one of my most favourite decorations.
Thanks to its metal head with strainer, bulb sprinkler allows me to spray water onto my works in a controlled way, so that I do not flood my neighbours.
Wet felting is just rubbing wool fibers with your own hands. You had better go to the gym and exercise your muscles before you even start! Nothing can help more than strong arms.
They are natural fibers collected from flax plants. Although they are thicker than silk fibers, they also look pretty cool on felted background.