This fiber necklace is an ethnic jewelry perfect for girls who love tribal and ethnic style. It is a nice thing to have on your neck during concerts and festivals of any type. It fits nice with one-color clothes, giving every girl a unique look. I make this primitive necklace in two techniques. First, I make fiber ropes in wet felting technique. Then, I tie them with macrame knots.
The ropes consist of soft merino wool and I decorate them with beautiful silk fibers. That makes this macrame jewelry friendly to the skin and very nice in touch. With its ner or mesh design, it is also lightweight and perfect for casual use. I finish this fiber necklace with an antiallergic clasp and add a chain extender to let you adjust it to your size. If you have an ethnic soul, it will help you to express your style and nature every day!
To order this neckpiece, choose one color for wool and one color for silk fibers (optional). Enjoy designing your own necklace! I will felt it for you and ship as soon as possible.
Circumference: 47 cm (18.5 in)
Chain extender: 5 cm (2 in)
Height in the middle of the net: 20 cm (7.9 in)
Weight: 50 g (0.11 lb)
I ship worldwide except Australia. If you are from Australia and would like to purchase something from me, please, place your order in my Etsy shop. Thank you!
* International shipping: 6 USD or spend 100 USD to qualify for free shipping.
* Domestic DPD shipping to Poland: 4 USD or spend 50 USD to qualify for free shipping.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
It usually takes 1-3 working days to complete and ship your order. Estimated delivery times are as follows:
- Countries outside of Europe: 7-20 working days.
- Countries in Europe: 4-7 working days.
- Poland: 1-2 working days.
Please, remember that these are only estimates and your delivery time may be slightly different, especially during a busy holiday period or when customs control occurs. If you are worried about your shipment, you can contact me at any time.
How to care about felted handicraftMerino does not need to be washed as often as other types of wool. However, you may want to refresh it from time to time. Felted accessories and jewelry keep their colors and shape if hand washed gently in warm water. Here is a detailed instruction on how to care about them (we enclose it in every shipment as well):
- Wash your felt handicraft manually at about 30 Celsjus degrees using washing agents for wool.
- Dip them gently, but do not rub - otherwise they may shrink or deform.
- After washing, rinse your felt item with water of the same temperature, preferably with a rinsing liquid for wool.
- Do not wring or twist felt - remove the excess water with your hands using a towel.
- Spread out washed accessories on a towel to let them dry.
- If necessary iron your felt item using 'wool' mode or applying a low temperature.
Want to know more?I make all my products by hand out of natural and high-quality materials. As a result, they are soft, ecological and skin friendly. Accessories and jewelry available in my store are designed to follow your dreams. I make them in a variety of styles, colors and sizes, allowing you to choose your own way in fashion.
Take a look behind the scenes!
Wet felting is just rubbing wool fibers with your own hands. You had better go to the gym and exercise your muscles before you even start! Nothing can help more than strong arms.
Wool yarn – if shaggy enough – can be interwoven with merino fibers. Since it fits in perfectly with felt, it is one of my most favourite decorations.
Delicate wool fibers, just as my hands, need to be protected with a soap made of natural olive oils. This soap makes my products longer lasting and skin-friendly.
This technique is pretty similar to wet felting but items you create are more lightweight. You can make nuno felt using silk, linen or other fabric with open weave – just remember to make a mess!