This forest fairy figurine or meadow pixie is inspired by legends and myths about magical creatures living in the woods. I guess these forest ladies might look exactly like this. If such a fairy existed, she would speak with animals and take care of plants, helping them grow and flourish. If you like woodland style, you are going to love this summer goddess and the way she reminds colorful meadows all year round.
I make this standing figurine by hand in wet felting and needle felting techniques. It consists of soft merino wool and is decorated with silk fibers, wool curls and glass beads. It is designed in the likeness of waldorf dolls with long rust hair and no facial expression, although it is more decorative.
This wool art doll has an ornate green dress with simple flowers and two floral accessories: wreath and colorful flower bouquet. They are fixed to her hair and hands so she will not lose them. Dress of this felted figurine is stuffed, which makes it stable. You can easily put her on the shelf as a fantasy home decor. She may become a member of your family or a guardian of your home. This forest fairy will make your house warmer, more artistic and beautiful.
Height & weight of forest fairy figurine
Figurine height: 27 cm (10.6 in)
Figurine weight: 90 g (0.2 lb)
I ship worldwide except Australia. If you are from Australia and would like to purchase something from me, please, place your order in my Etsy shop. Thank you!
* International shipping: 5,50 EUR or spend 100 EUR to qualify for free shipping.
* Domestic DPD shipping to Poland: 3,50 EUR or spend 50 EUR to qualify for free shipping.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIMES
It usually takes 1-3 working days to complete and ship your order. Estimated delivery times are as follows:
- Poland: 1-2 working days,
- countries in Europe: 4-7 working days,
- countries outside of Europe: 7-20 working days.
Please, remember that these are only estimates and your delivery time may be slightly different, especially during a busy holiday period or when customs control occurs. If you are worried about your shipment, you can contact me at any time.
How to care about felted handicraftMerino does not need to be washed as often as other types of wool. However, you may want to refresh it from time to time. Felted accessories and jewelry keep their colors and shape if hand washed gently in warm water. Here is a detailed instruction on how to care about them (we enclose it in every shipment as well):
- Wash your felt handicraft manually at about 30 Celsjus degrees using washing agents for wool.
- Dip them gently, but do not rub - otherwise they may shrink or deform.
- After washing, rinse your felt item with water of the same temperature, preferably with a rinsing liquid for wool.
- Do not wring or twist felt - remove the excess water with your hands using a towel.
- Spread out washed accessories on a towel to let them dry.
- If necessary iron your felt item using 'wool' mode or applying a low temperature.
Want to know more?I make all my products by hand out of natural and high-quality materials. As a result, they are soft, ecological and skin friendly. Accessories and jewelry available in my store are designed to follow your dreams. I make them in a variety of styles, colors and sizes, allowing you to choose your own way in fashion.
Take a look behind the scenes!
Wool yarn – if shaggy enough – can be interwoven with merino fibers. Since it fits in perfectly with felt, it is one of my most favourite decorations.
My hands are nimble tools ensuring constant control over the quality of my works. When you touch one of my products it is like we shake hands and exchange smiles.
They are natural fibers collected from flax plants. Although they are thicker than silk fibers, they also look pretty cool on felted background.
Delicate wool fibers, just as my hands, need to be protected with a soap made of natural olive oils. This soap makes my products longer lasting and skin-friendly.