Star brooch is made of fine merino wool in orange and maroon and decorated with a few glass beads and silk fabric. The brooch is medium sized – perfect for any outfit. It is light weight but strong. It has an antiallergic safety-pin and can be placed anywhere. You can wear it with a jacket, coat or scarf and it will always look gorgeous on your clothes. It is handmade and OOaK piece of women or teen jewelry. If you love unique and feminine accessories, it is made for you!
Star brooch dimensions & weight
Diameter: 14 cm (5.5 in)
Weight: 11 g (0.02 lb)
How to care about felted handicraftMerino does not need to be washed as often as other types of wool. However, you may want to refresh it from time to time. Felted accessories and jewelry keep their colors and shape if hand washed gently in warm water. Here is a detailed instruction on how to care about them (we enclose it in every shipment as well):
- Wash your felt handicraft manually at about 30 Celsjus degrees using washing agents for wool.
- Dip them gently, but do not rub - otherwise they may shrink or deform.
- After washing, rinse your felt item with water of the same temperature, preferably with a rinsing liquid for wool.
- Do not wring or twist felt - remove the excess water with your hands using a towel.
- Spread out washed accessories on a towel to let them dry.
- If necessary iron your felt item using 'wool' mode or applying a low temperature.
Want to know more?
All our products are made by hands out of natural and high quality materials. It makes them soft, ecological and skin friendly. Accessories and jewelry available in our store are designed to follow your dreams. We make them in different styles, colors and sizes, allowing you to choose your own way in fashion.
Take a look behind the scenes
Wool yarn – if shaggy enough – can be interweaved with merino fibers. Since it fits in perfectly with felt, it is one of our most favourite decorations.
These small knots of wool are ephemeral and beautiful like a snowflakes. They are a perfect for handmade felt replacing glitter or sequins applied for other fabrics.
It is pretty similar to wet felting but makes the item more lightweight. You can nuno felt with silk, linen or other fabric with open weave – just remember to make a mess!
They are bast fibers collected from the phloem or inner-bark of flax plants. Although linen fibers are thicker than silk ones, they look amazing on felted background.